Sunday, May 1

Filmowe podtytuły

I watched an American movie dubbed into Polish with my housemate Artur, and it was totally bizarre. They lower the volume on the English and then dub all the characters over with one person's voice, who speaks in an even measure regardless of whether the characters are yelling, despondant, or cooing to each other. (It was a college love story, so they were doing all these a lot.)

It made me think of nature documentaries and since I understand no more than two words of Polish (tak and nie: yes and no), I imagined that instead of translating what the characters were saying, it was actually a running commentary on what they're doing. "She is falling for the tall handsome man, though her best friend is also in love with the same man. They thrill in the hunt. But eventually the conflict will come to a head..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home